• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions
Thursday, May 21, 2026
Verily News
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Breaking News
    • Global News
  • Politics
    • Political Analysis
    • Government & Policies
  • Business & Economy
    • DIY and FAQ
    • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Movie
    • Music
  • Technology
  • Trends
  • Fact-Check
    • Investigative Reports
  • Opinion
  • Share your story
  • News
    • Breaking News
    • Global News
  • Politics
    • Political Analysis
    • Government & Policies
  • Business & Economy
    • DIY and FAQ
    • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Movie
    • Music
  • Technology
  • Trends
  • Fact-Check
    • Investigative Reports
  • Opinion
  • Share your story
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home News

JAMB Releases 279 Withheld UTME Results

May 21, 2026
in News
Reading Time: 4 mins read
0
JAMB
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin
Spread the love

JAMB has released the UTME results of 279 candidates previously withheld over suspected malpractice, offering cautious relief to a fraction of those caught in the board’s post-examination integrity sweep.

The development, disclosed through a statement signed by the Board’s Public Communication Adviser, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, marks a partial resolution of what has become a familiar, troubling chapter in Nigeria’s annual tertiary admissions cycle, one defined by persistent questions over the integrity of the country’s most critical student assessment process.

According to the board, the release of the 279 results followed a painstaking, case-by-case review of candidates whose scores had been flagged during routine monitoring and post-examination integrity checks carried out in the weeks following the conduct of this year’s UTME.

JAMB said that upon detailed assessment, it found no prima facie evidence of wrongdoing against the affected candidates, a legal threshold that, in this context, means the preliminary facts examined were insufficient to sustain a malpractice charge. Those candidates have since been cleared and their results made available.

However, the board was equally unsparing toward those found to have breached examination rules. Where evidence of malpractice was conclusively established, JAMB said it moved swiftly, cancelling the results of those candidates outright, without equivocation.

“The release follows ongoing investigations into cases of suspected examination malpractice,” the statement read in part. “While some results have been outrightly cancelled where evidence of malpractice was established, others have been released where the board found no prima facie case against the affected candidates.”

Despite the partial reprieve, JAMB made clear that the matter is far from closed.

The Board disclosed that investigations remain active across several examination centers flagged for suspicious activity during the conduct of the examinations and those it described as having been placed under scrutiny by its live monitoring teams, as well as those that generated adverse reports in the immediate aftermath of the examinations.

In a pointed warning to candidates still awaiting their results, JAMB stated that any individual found culpable following further review would have their results withdrawn, regardless of the stage at which the determination is made.

The message was unambiguous: a result released today is not necessarily a result secured tomorrow, where malpractice is eventually confirmed.

This posture reflects an increasingly assertive JAMB, one that has in recent years invested in live surveillance infrastructure and real-time monitoring systems designed to catch irregularities at examination centers as they unfold, not merely after the fact.

For the many candidates still in a state of uncertainty, anxiously wondering whether their results fall among those cleared, cancelled, or still under review, JAMB has provided a straightforward channel for status checks.

Affected candidates have been advised to send the keyword “UTMERESULT” to 55019 or 66019, using the same mobile phone number with which they registered for the examination.

The directive is simple enough, yet for hundreds of students and their families, it may represent the difference between a university admission and another year of waiting.

Thursday’s announcement arrives against a backdrop of deep and longstanding concern about examination malpractice in Nigeria, a challenge that has dogged the country’s tertiary admissions process for decades, undermining public confidence in the UTME as a credible measure of academic merit.

Each year, JAMB grapples with a complex web of infractions ranging from impersonation and the use of prohibited electronic devices to alleged complicity by examination center officials and coordinated cheating syndicates.

The Board’s increasingly aggressive response, including live monitoring, post-exam forensic reviews, and punitive cancellations, reflects a growing institutional resolve to confront the problem head-on.

Yet the scale of the challenge remains formidable. With hundreds of thousands of candidates sitting the UTME annually and university admission slots far fewer than the demand, the pressure on students and the temptation to cut corners remain acute.

For now, 279 candidates can breathe easier. But for a system still under scrutiny, the broader reckoning is far from over.

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW

JAMB has released 279 previously withheld UTME results after finding no sufficient evidence of malpractice against the affected candidates, but this is not a blanket clearance.

Investigations are ongoing, more cancellations remain possible, and the Board has made clear it will not hesitate to withdraw results where guilt is later established.

JAMB is signaling, firmly and deliberately, that no result is safe until every probe is concluded. For candidates still waiting, the onus is on them to check their status immediately via the official SMS channels provided.

Beyond the individual cases, this episode is a reminder that examination malpractice remains one of the most stubborn threats to fairness in Nigeria’s education system and that the cost of cutting corners is growing higher by the year.

Tags: JambUTME
Share199Tweet124Share35
Previous Post

Tinubu Appoints Prof. Segun Aina as New JAMB Registrar

Next Post

APC Affirms Radda as Consensus Candidate for 2027 Governorship Race

Related Posts

Labour Party

Labour Party Reschedules Primaries

by Victoria Ogbadu
May 21, 2026
0

The Labour Party (LP) has announced a consolidation and rescheduling of its upcoming party primaries, merging what were originally two...

APC

APC Affirms Radda as Consensus Candidate for 2027 Governorship Race

by Victoria Ogbadu
May 21, 2026
0

Katsina's APC has unanimously affirmed Governor Dikko Radda as its consensus candidate for the 2027 governorship race, as the ruling...

Photo of Professor Segun Aina

Tinubu Appoints Prof. Segun Aina as New JAMB Registrar

by Victor Haruna
May 21, 2026
0

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved the appointment of Professor Segun Aina as the new Registrar of the Joint Admissions...

PDP Governors Hold Crucial Meeting Amid Defections, Internal Crises

Fubara Withdraws From APC Governorship Race

by Victor Haruna
May 20, 2026
0

Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, has officially withdrawn from the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship primaries scheduled to hold on...

NDLEA Official

NDLEA Busts Massive Nigerian-Mexican Drug Ring

by Victor Haruna
May 20, 2026
0

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has dismantled a major transnational methamphetamine syndicate involving Nigerian and Mexican nationals, leading...

Load More
Next Post
APC

APC Affirms Radda as Consensus Candidate for 2027 Governorship Race

Labour Party

Labour Party Reschedules Primaries

Mercy Johnson

Mercy Johnson's ₦25,000 Period Pack Sparks Outrage Online

APC Flag

Nigeria’s Youngest Lawmaker Wins APC Primary

Please login to join discussion
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
cbn governor olayemi cardoso

CBN Approves Merger Between Two Banks

February 23, 2026
2027: APC Governors Endorse Next Senate President After Akpabio

APC Governorship Candidate Joins ADC

March 16, 2026
NNPC Increases Petrol Price

NNPC Reduces Fuel Price

March 17, 2026
Kenya Airways

Viral video: Drama at Airport as Nigerian Woman Clashes with Kenya Airways Over Visa Issue

0
NLC

NLC Suspends Nationwide Protest Over Telecom Tariff Hike

0
VeryDarkMan

VeryDarkMan Vows to Uncover Truth in Mercy Chinwo and Ex-Manager’s Controversy

0
APC Flag

Nigeria’s Youngest Lawmaker Wins APC Primary

May 21, 2026
Mercy Johnson

Mercy Johnson’s ₦25,000 Period Pack Sparks Outrage Online

May 21, 2026
Labour Party

Labour Party Reschedules Primaries

May 21, 2026
Verily News

Copyright © 2025 Verily News.

Navigate Site

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Breaking News
    • Global News
  • Politics
    • Political Analysis
    • Government & Policies
  • Business & Economy
    • DIY and FAQ
    • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Movie
    • Music
  • Technology
  • Trends
  • Fact-Check
    • Investigative Reports
  • Opinion
  • Share your story

Copyright © 2025 Verily News.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.
Get Breaking News Alerts on WhatsApp