• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Verily News
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Breaking News
    • Global News
  • Politics
    • Political Analysis
    • Government & Policies
  • Business & Economy
    • DIY and FAQ
    • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Movie
    • Music
  • Technology
  • Trends
  • Fact-Check
    • Investigative Reports
  • Opinion
  • Share your story
  • News
    • Breaking News
    • Global News
  • Politics
    • Political Analysis
    • Government & Policies
  • Business & Economy
    • DIY and FAQ
    • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Movie
    • Music
  • Technology
  • Trends
  • Fact-Check
    • Investigative Reports
  • Opinion
  • Share your story
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Sports

Galatasaray Rejects €120m Offers, Plans New Deal to Keep Osimhen Until 2029

July 2, 2026
in Sports
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Galatasaray
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin
Spread the love

Victor Osimhen’s future is once again dominating football headlines, with Galatasaray finding themselves at the center of a bidding war involving clubs from two continents, even as the Turkish champions insist their star striker is going nowhere this summer.

According to Turkish transfer insider Serhan Türk, Galatasaray now have two distinct €120m proposals on the table, one from a European club and another from Saudi Arabia, though the identity of the Saudi club has not been disclosed.

The development marks the latest twist in a saga that has simmered for weeks, with interest in the Nigerian forward showing no signs of cooling.

The Saudi approach lands on top of an already congested field of suitors. Atlético Madrid were previously linked with a bid of the same amount, while a separate unnamed European club was said to have made a verbal offer of €125m.

Manchester United, long-time admirers of the Super Eagles talisman, appear to have stepped away from the chase altogether.

The Manchester Evening News reported that the combination of Galatasaray’s asking price and Osimhen’s salary, significantly boosted by Turkey’s favorable tax breaks for high earners, has priced the striker beyond United’s reach, with manager Michael Carrick now expected to pursue alternative attacking options instead.

Despite the scale of interest, Osimhen has consistently been associated with a desire to remain in European football, with a move to the Premier League described as among his long-term ambitions; a factor that could complicate any Saudi approach, however lucrative.

For now, though, Galatasaray’s position appears unmoved. Club president Dursun Özbek is reported to value Osimhen at €150m and has no intention of opening transfer discussions with interested parties.

Rather than entertain offers, the Süper Lig champions are said to be working on the opposite outcome entirely: a new long-term contract running until 2029 with a significant salary package, while also planning to hand the forward the captain’s armband following the expected departure of Mauro Icardi and offer him the famous number nine shirt as a symbol of his centrality to the club’s identity.

It’s a striking show of faith from a club looking to build its next era around the 27-year-old, who has been nothing short of talismanic since arriving in Istanbul.

The scale of Galatasaray’s resistance is easy to understand given Osimhen’s output. The Nigerian international scored 22 goals and provided eight assists in 33 matches across all competitions, helping the club successfully defend their Süper Lig title, a campaign that only deepened his standing as one of the most feared strikers in European football.

Notably, this isn’t the first time Saudi money has come calling. Osimhen previously turned down a reported €160m offer from Al-Hilal before completing his move to Galatasaray, and Saudi Pro League clubs have repeatedly dangled personal terms in excess of $50m a year in an effort to lure him to the Gulf.

With Galatasaray’s €150m valuation acting as a firm deterrent and Osimhen himself said to be settled in Istanbul, the smart money remains on the striker staying put at least for now.

But with two separate €120m bids sitting on Özbek’s desk and the transfer window still very much open, few in Turkish or Saudi football expect this story to be finished just yet.

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW

Despite two separate €120m bids from Europe and Saudi Arabia, Galatasaray have no intention of selling Victor Osimhen.

President Dursun Özbek values him at €150m and is instead pushing to tie him down with a new contract until 2029 and the club captaincy, a clear signal that Osimhen’s future remains firmly in Istanbul, not for sale at any price below their valuation.

Tags: GalatasarayVictor Osimhen
Share197Tweet123Share35
Previous Post

CBN Issues New Guideline on Bank Contract Suspensions

Next Post

FG: NYSC Khaki Uniform to Be Replaced With Adire

Related Posts

Arsenal

Arsenal’s 2026/27 Squad Numbers Confirmed

by Victoria Ogbadu
August 18, 2026
0

Arsenal have officially confirmed their squad numbers for the 2026/27 Premier League season, giving fans their first look at how...

Arsenal

Arsenal Thrash Manchester City 3-0 to Lift Community Shield

by Victoria Ogbadu
August 16, 2026
0

Arsenal wasted no time reminding the Premier League who they intend to be this season, dismantling Manchester City 3-0 at...

Milan

Man Utd End Pre-Season With 4-2 Loss to Milan

by Victoria Ogbadu
August 15, 2026
0

Manchester United's pre-season program drew to a close on Saturday with a 4-2 defeat to AC Milan at the Tarczyński...

Prichard

Young Boxing Talent Prichard Colón Dead at 33

by Victoria Ogbadu
August 14, 2026
0

Prichard Colón, once considered one of boxing's brightest young talents, has died at age 33, nearly eleven years after a...

Ronaldo

Ronaldo and Georgina’s Marriage Contract Details Revealed

by Victoria Ogbadu
August 14, 2026
0

Cristiano Ronaldo has married Georgina Rodríguez in a wedding that was everything his career isn't: quiet, private, and shielded from...

Load More
Next Post
NYSC

FG: NYSC Khaki Uniform to Be Replaced With Adire

Burna Boy

Burna Boy Sets New Spotify Streaming Record

Tinubu

FG Cuts Vehicle, Food Import Duties as New Green Tax Takes Effect

World Bank

World Bank Approves $1.25bn for Nigeria

Tinubu NYSC FG issues directive to civil servants

FG denies approving Adire As Replacement For NYSC Khaki

Universities

State universities set to shutdown

The United States Embassy in Abuja has announced it will close temporarily for routine services due to fears of protests in the city. Embassies

US Closes Embassy In Nigeria

Former Federal Lawmaker Resigns From ADC

ADC Faction Rejects Atiku, Presents New Presidential Candidate

Dangote Refinery Reduce Petrol Price

Dangote Refinery Reduces Petrol Price

Ex-Army Spokesman Loses Wife

US Withdraw Troops From Nigeria

Cartoon of The Week!

Verily_Cartoon_15_08_2026
CLASHING FACT-CHECKS AND POLITICAL PROPAGANDA
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
cbn governor olayemi cardoso

CBN Approves Merger Between Two Banks

February 23, 2026
2027: APC Governors Endorse Next Senate President After Akpabio

APC Governorship Candidate Joins ADC

March 16, 2026
NNPC Increases Petrol Price

NNPC Reduces Fuel Price

March 17, 2026
Kenya Airways

Viral video: Drama at Airport as Nigerian Woman Clashes with Kenya Airways Over Visa Issue

0
NLC

NLC Suspends Nationwide Protest Over Telecom Tariff Hike

0
VeryDarkMan

VeryDarkMan Vows to Uncover Truth in Mercy Chinwo and Ex-Manager’s Controversy

0
FG (TInubu) To Stop Salaries Of Unverified Workers

‘Tinubu Was So Upset’ – Atiku Narrates How Buhari Rejected Oluremi As Running Mate

August 19, 2026
peter obi Dele Momodu

Peter Obi campaign DG resigns

August 19, 2026
Presidential gunmen Thugs Attack Benue Senator During Church Service Yorubaland Sponsor US

Nigerian Police inspector killed

August 19, 2026
Verily News

Copyright © 2025 Verily News.

Navigate Site

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Terms and Conditions

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Breaking News
    • Global News
  • Politics
    • Political Analysis
    • Government & Policies
  • Business & Economy
    • DIY and FAQ
    • Product Reviews
  • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Movie
    • Music
  • Technology
  • Trends
  • Fact-Check
    • Investigative Reports
  • Opinion
  • Share your story

Copyright © 2025 Verily News.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.
Get Breaking News Alerts on WhatsApp